9 PAX posted today in the not so gloomy gloom post daylight savings at #TheRanch. I think I like it darker. YHC on VQ, ready to give it a go for the first time. Perfect conditions this am. Flag was posted and the men went straight to work. Disclaimer was said. 1 FNG, welcome Was-in.
At BB court, warm-up, all IC x 15.
- Hip Thrusts
- Lunge Stretch
300m shuttle runs:
Run from cone to cone, touching the line at each turn around for 12 lengths or 6 laps.
Some mumblechatter was noted that @no-see-um better be hard at work in his garage. Let’s hope he doesn’t own a shakeweight.
2nd Round – YHC said we have to beat 1:27 in order to stop. Last man finished in 1:27, a tie, so another round was in order.
3rd Round – Last man finished in 1:21 so we stopped.
Partner 1 works for 30 seconds while Partner 2 rests for 30 seconds. Switch. Then move to next Station.
Station 1 – Battle Rope
Station 2 – Bobby Hurleys
Station 3 – Slam Ball
Station 4 – Peter Parkers
Station 5 – Sandbag Thruster w/ alternating shoulders
Repeat stations 1 more time.
P.S. @dillio is a battle rope machine.
Death By Burpees (Team Billy vs. Team Jesse):
Split into 2 lines facing each other, team Billy the Kid on one line and team Jesse #Fartsackers James on the other line.
Complete one Burpee on the start of the first minute, two Burpees on the second minute, three Burpees on the third minute, and so on until you can no longer complete Burpees for the number of minutes on the timer.
Billy the Kid made it to 10 rounds with gas in the tank and all men still standing. Soldiers were fallen on the opposing team but @sparky looked hungry for more. By this time we were past 6:15 so YHC decided to call it (@no-ski said he needed his “me-time,” whatever that means. No questions were asked.) I guess it’s a draw, well let’s be honest, we all know how that was going to end. YHC will refine his time keeping skills for next week.
- Prayers for the victims of the senseless Texas Church Shooting – we must continue to be leaders in our communities.
- Prayers that @bartman return home safely. Looking forward to having him back.
- Prayers for @dillio’s friends of the family, as their child undergo Jaundice treatment
- Great Job today. Proud to lead this group of men. We pushed ourselves and we pushed each other. This is how we get better at everything we do.
- Welcome Was-in. Looking forward to having you back out as you get back on the saddle with working out. Couldn’t think of a better place to do it.
- T-Shirts – order them. We have 6 days left and need at least 4 more to be pre-ordered. I will shed tears if I cannot display my new gear with pride.
- We are close to a consistent double digit PAX. Keep posting.