10 PAX posted on a frightfully muggy and humid morning at the gloom seeking some tricks and treats…the problem is that there would be only 1 trick and it was that there were no treats to be handed out, only pain would be distributed today. The Halloween theme of the day would be the Olympic Decathlon and YHC was well prepared arriving 45 min early to prep and dress the part. All PAX in costumes as requested so no 500 burpee penalty would be issued. A last minute ambush by the Contra Men who came out Nerf guns a blazin’ and shocked everyone, disclaimer was given and we were off.
- SSH – x20 – IC
- COTTON PICKERS – X10 – IC
- MERKINS – X10 – IC
- MOSEY 1 FULL LAP
YHC started the Halloween festivities by catching a few of the PAX off guard as we were rounding the last corner of the lap with the old fake snake laying in the path. The mumble chatter began from there as all PAX were fully awake now…
Split into 2 teams both spaced 40 yds from the center cone. Each team has a lit pumpkin with 10 horrifying exercise riddles inside. Complete each exercise as a team then sprint to the center cone and back…rinse and repeat until all 10 have been completed. First team back to the center are the victors and plank until all PAX have arrived.
TEAM GUERRILLA WARFARE COMPRISED OF:
- NO-SEE-UM AND GROUPER AS THE SOLDIERS FROM CONTRA
- DBA AS THE 2 FACED OLD MAN
- BELDING AS WILMA FLINSTONE
- FENWAY AS SCREAM
TEAM OLYMPIA COMPRISED OF:
- ENDO AS BRUCE JENNER 1972 “OLD GLORY” OLYMPIAN
- VANELLOPE AS OFFICER FRIENDLY
- APNEA AS THE HULK
- JULIET AS A RETIRED OUT OF SHAPE BASEBALL PLAYER
- FLAT TIRE AS THE DRAGON SLAYER (with evidence of a fresh kill on his sword)
THE EVENTS IN RIDDLE FORM
- THE ZOMBIE ARMS ARE FOR VANELLOPE, BETTER START SAYING, PLEASE, STOP, PLEASE… PERFORM 5 ONE ARM PUSHUPS PER SIDE EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DROP TO YOUR KNEES
- POOR FLAT TIRE WAS ALWAYS RUNNING UNTIL HE COLLAPSED…FROM SPRINTING AROUND THE ENTIRE DOG PARK AND TENNIS COURTS FOR 2 TOTAL LAPS
- BELDING WAS CAUGHT AT DQ GETTING IN SOME ICE CREAM CONE LICKS…NOW TIME TO SLIM THOSE BELLIES WITH 200 TOTAL FLUTTERKICKS
- THEN THERE WAS DBA WHO GOT SICK FROM TOO MUCH WORKIN…BUT NOTHING TIRES YOU OUT MORE THAN A MUCHO CHESTO OF 50 MERKINS
- ENDO NEEDED TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT FAST BUT WHERE OH WHERE TO BEGIN…HOW ABOUT 75 SSH (IN CAEDENCE) TO START MAKING HIM THIN
- GROUPER PULLED A HAMMY TRIPPING OVER A PUMPKIN AND SOME CUMQUATS…NOW YOU TOO CAN SHARE THE FEELING BY DOING 100 SQUATS
- POOR SANKA HURT HIS LEG STEPPING INTO BELDINGS HOLE…BUT DOING 50 BONNIE BLAIRS (TOTAL) WILL HELP EVERYONE’S LEGS FEEL SWOLE
- NO-SEE-UM HAD AN ALLERGIC REACTION FROM EATING TOO MANY GHERKINS…IT SWELLED UP HIS CHEST SO BAD SIMILAR TO DOING 50 DIRKINS
- FENWAY GOT SO FRIGHTENED THAT HE WAS ABOUT TO SPLASH SOME MERLOT…BUT NOTHING TOSSES YOUR COOKIES FASTER THAN 20 PULL-UPS OR INVERTED ROWS
- WHAT COULD BE MORE FRIGHTENING THAN HAKA EATING DONUTS AND SLURPEES…OH YES NOW I REMEMBER PERFORMING 30 STAR JACK BURPEES
Both teams surprisingly finished at almost the exact time although Team Guerrilla Warfare unofficially were the victors. And with just 10 minutes remaining it was time to push the PAX individually with some wind sprints…
- Beginning at the far pumpkin…slowsy to center cone then AYG to last pumpkin – 40 yds
- Rinse and repeat 10 times
- Final race AYG from pumpkin to pumpkin – 80yds
- Circle up back at courts for…
- BOX CUTTERS – X20 – IC
- SUPERMAN/BANANA – Alternating for the remaining 2 minutes
- ***APNEA baby shower gift presentation***
HALLOWEEN BEATDOWN COMPLETE!
- Prayers for Nomad’s niece and family
- Prayers for all those DR or injured that they can make it back soon
- Safe trick or treating tonight for all the 2.0’s
- Incredible display of energy brought out today by all PAX.
- Awards presentation…NO SILVER OR BRONZE…EVERYONE RECEIVES A GOLD MEDAL FOR EFFORT TODAY!!!
- So proud of everyone on both teams pushing and motivating each other and having some jokes and fun along the way.
- Keep checking in on Slack for possible 2nd and 3rd F’s that are happening or are in the works soon…