8 PAX drank the GoRuck Coolaid and posted for a pre beatdown ruck session this AM. Record high for F3Lutz rucking club.
The other weirdos in the group had some extra rucks to supply to the newbies. Some may have had a little more weight than 30lbs. but we won’t get into details on that :).
We decided to not walk the Lake of Pain and wake up the neighbors, who would call the 5.0 on us for sure. I mean come on, 8 dudes, dressed all black, carrying backpacks and some other large bags on their shoulders at 6 AM does look suspicious.
We went around the neighborhood instead. Plenty of new home construction going on, so we are utilizing the area as much as possible. Everyone took turns moving the coupons around the PAX. There was plenty of fellowship going on while we were rucking and YHC absolutely loved it. What a great way to start the Fathers Day Weekend.
We got back to the BB courts at 07:15 and everyone took a quick breather and a break to get back at it for the beatdown.
No disclaimer needed today. All regulars on hand. As usual, @dillio made his way with seconds to spare before the beatdown began.
[justified_image_grid preset=4 row_height=900 lightbox=links-off disable_cropping=yes ng_pics=191]
Quick warm-up consisting of the following:
- Burpees IC
- Baby Arm Circles IC
- Windmills IC
- Cotton Pickers IC
- Sumo Squat IC
- Inch Worms IC
- Mountain Climbers IC
Mosey to Dead End
Circle Burps/Bear Crawls
(chop feet, drop for x1 burpee, then bear crawl around pax, rinse repeat till all pax is done)
Stay in a circle.
2-count SSH. Reps 1-5 out load. Reps 6-21 are all mental. Everyone must stop together at 21. A penalty is x10 Burpees. First go round YHC screwed up and continued to do cadence count past 5. We did our penalty burps and tried again.
The second time around was like watching synchronized swimming. We all stopped on a dime in perfect harmony. It was a glorious accomplishment by the pax.
After quick celebration by @no-see-um, it was time to do Indian Run to The Preserve.
At the wooden path we stopped for:
- x30 Dips
- x20 Step-ups (x10 per leg)
- Aiken Legs
- x20 Squats
- x20 Lunges (10 each leg)
- x20 Squat Jumps
- x20 Split Jacks (10 each leg)
This one is a crowd pleaser. All pax were making painful noises as they were completing the exercise.
Bear Crawls for few yards till all pax are on the wooden path again.
- x15 Zebra Butt-Kicks
Crab Walk Around the World for a few yards.
Mosey to a cul-de-sac. Circle up again.
YHC brought a “Box of Chocolates” box for the pax to enjoy. You never know what you gonna get.
Now there weren’t any chocolates in it, but there were few painful exercises written on pieces of paper. Each pax stepped up to the box and blindly picked up one of the pieces of paper. Once unfolded each pax shared the gift they received from YHC.
What’s in the box?
- x50 Burpees (2 pieces)
- x100 LBC’s (2 pieces)
- x100 Merkins (2 pieces)
- x100 Squats (2 pieces)
- x100 Shoulder Taps (2 pieces)
- x100 Big Boy Situps (2 pieces)
- x50 Lunges (x25 per leg) (2 pieces)
- x3 Bruce Lee‘s (2 pieces)
Looked like the men enjoyed this one. How does YHC know this? Because once done with the exercise, pax were going to the box again to pick up another piece of paper until there were none left. What dedication to pain! At some point, we had pax exchanging reps with each other to get this completed in time. It was glorious to see.
Once done we headed back to BB courts, but not before stopping really quickly for a set of:
- x10 Mucho Chesto (regular, wide, diamond, staggered right, staggered left)
Indian Run to BB courts.
Just in time for a quick set of Nolan Ryan’s (brought to you by @no-see-um).
Lastly, we wrapped things up with x2 Burpees with the last one jumping as high as possible.
Total Miles for Ruck: 3.73
Total Miles for Beatdown: 2.23
- Continued prayers for @haka and SIL.
- Prayers for @bartman’s dad who got diagnosed with cancer for the second time.
- Prayers for all those that posted and all those that couldn’t be there today.
- Today was a good day. Great turn out for the rucking portion. @vanellope, @endo, @needles, and @dba did an awesome job carrying the big heavy load. Same goes for the rucking regulars as usual.
- It was awesome to see and hear the fellowship during the ruck.
- Great push by all with the beatdown portion. I know it wasn’t easy especially after the ruck, but you all earned your calories for the Fathers Day Weekend! 🙂
- Looking forward to the return of @spongebob on Tuesday. I have the flag.
- Happy Fathers Day to all of you men out there!