It was great to have 10 HCs as of yesterday and a final total of 13 PAX (YHC included) for this morning’s beatdown.
Quick disclaimer was given, and we were off. Mosey around the dog park and back to the basketball court for a quick warmup. All exercises were done IC:
SSH X 25
Baby Arm Circles Forward X 10
Baby Arm Circles Reverse X 10
Windmills X 10
Frankensteins X 10
Mountain Climbers X 10
Merkins X 5
All PAX were asked to grab their waters because we wouldn’t be back at the courts until the end. Over to the Field of Pain where two sets of 10 cones each with one labeled tennis ball were arranged in two triangles near midfield. All PAX counted off and were split into two teams.
The previous two times YHC lead this type of beatdown, there was only enough PAX for one team but it provided opportunities to test it out and modify it for this third time.
Team 1: No-See-Um, Haka, Sanka, Murphy, Apnea, Malware, Endo (Pool side of field)
Team 2: DBA, Grouper, No-Ski, Vanellope, Flat Tire, Frisbee (Pavilion side of field)
YHC informed all PAX that the ball and cone in the center of the triangle was to be pulled last.
Each team started at the edge of the field on their side and we were off. One PAX had to run to the cones and pick up one ball from the outer row of cones on their designated triangle and run back while all other PAX held plank.
Once running PAX returned, all PAX on team had to perform the exercises and number of reps listed on the ball. Once the exercise was completed (and not before) the next PAX could run for the next ball while all other PAX held plank. Both teams had the same exercises listed below but were performed in the order they were pulled (not listed).
- 1 Set of Bruce Lees
- Mosey to the Poolside Wall and perform 25 Irkins and 25 Derkins
- Mosey to the Poolside Wall and perform 50 Dips
- Mosey to Playground and perform two sets of 10 pullups or reverse rows
- Mosey to the Pavilion for Balls to the Wall at 15 seconds per PAX
- Mosey to the Pavilion for Wall Sits with Air Presses. Each PAX counts 20 seconds
- 20 Squats, 20 Lunges, 20 Bobby Hurleys, 20 Split Jacks (All Total)
- 2 Sets of SheHateMe: 10 Lunges Peg Leg, 10 Burps (Burpee without the merkin or standing), 10 Merkins (F3Nation Exicon)
- Lap around lake starting east. At each stop wait for the six in plank or PAX choice before starting exercise. All PAX leave each stop together.:
- At first gate, 10 burpees
- At second gate, 20 Dips
- 30 lunges across bridge (Total)
- At third gate, 40 LBCs
- Back to the Field of Pain
- 3 Sets of BEARmuda Triangle (Cone in center of Triangle)
- PAX each start at different corner (two or three per corner), one burpee, bear crawl to second corner for 2 Burpees, bear crawl to 3rd corner for 3 Burpees, bear crawl back to starting corner, rinse and repeat for three total sets. Named BEARmuda Triangle as it has been known to mysteriously lose some pax along the way (F3Nation Exicon explanation).
YHC did not factor the location of the pavilion side (team 2) when writing the instructions for the lap but team 2 performed the required exercises just the same but at different gates. Team 2 performed the 10 burpees at the gate Team 1 started the lap from and performed the 20 Dips at the picnic bench by the gate that leads to the tennis court.
Team 1 pulled the lap around the lake tennis ball first and returned to find that Team 2 had cleared six exercises and had just left for their lap and seventh exercise. Team 1 completed the ninth exercise at just about the same time that Team 2 finished the “last” and tenth exercise.
As instructed at the start, the tennis ball on the center cone was to be performed last. When this tennis ball was pulled, there was also a message on the top of the cone for the PAX to take the cone with them but not read the instructions on the underside until the exercise was completed.
The message read:
CONGRATULATIONS ON COMPLETING ALL EXERCISES. TIME FOR THE BONUS ROUND. EACH PAX PULLS ONE CONE AT A TIME UNTIL ALL CONES HAVE BEEN PULLED.
Each team stayed around their respective cones to perform the bonus round exercises by flipping over one at a time. All the available bonus exercises were as follows but performed as the cones were flipped.
- Mosey to playground and perform 10 Burp-ups. Standard Burpee done under the bars where you do the Burpee, then when you jump you grab the bar and go straight into a pull up. Rinse repeat. (This exercise was on the different colored cone at the top of each team’s triangle)
- 25 MERKINS
- 20 SPLIT JACKS
- 10 BURPEES
- 1 MUCHO CHESTO
- 50 DIPS ON YOUR SIDE OF THE FIELD
- 100 LBCs
- 30 SQUATS
- 25 BIG BOY SITUPS
The hour was up and Team 2 had completed a couple more bonus exercises than Team 1. All PAX put in a great effort. YHC even heard his name combined with a couple expletives near the end so the beatdown worked.
Thanks to all PAX (and even a few 2.0’s who were present) for helping with the cleanup of the cones and tennis balls.
Thanks for allowing this group of men to come together for today’s beatdown and prayers for all those that could not make it.
Prayers for Haka and his M.
Prayers for Murphy’s M.
2019 Merkins and LBCs Challenge
I added an additional tab for instructions to the 2019 Merkins and LBCs Challenge Google Sheet. If you are participating in the challenge, you can count the following reps from the beatdown towards today’s daily totals.
5 (more than 5 were performed)
60 from the Bruce Lee set (Leg Raises, Dying Cockroaches, and LBCs count)
40 LBCs from the lap around the lake
100 LBCs (if performed during Bonus Round)
Any additional LBCs done OYO during the beatdown
We still need Qs for the 01/15/19 (Tuesday) and 01/17/19 (Thursday) beatdowns to close out the month.