12 PAX posted in the gloom here at #TheRanch. Another great turnout. Men are slaying that fartsack dragon! YHC was pleasantly surprised as he did give a pre-beatdown warning about wearing comfortable running shoes and implied there will be plenty of mosey.
The weather was just right at 50 degrees. PAX poured in around 5:20 AM to get their stretch on before the beatdown. The flag was planted, a disclaimer was given and men of F3Lutz went to work.
Let’s Mosey. A quick lap around dog park/tennis courts to get the blood pumping. Back at BB courts for:
- SSH IC x15
- Imperial Walkers IC x15
- Baby Arm Circles IC x10 /reverse
- Air Presses IC x10
- Squat with Toe Kicks IC x10
- Cotton Pickers IC x10
- Groiners x10 OYO
At this time YHC gave a quick FYI to the PAX:
“During the beatdown, you are required to be moving at all times. Either SSH or Flutter Kicks. Your choice, unless otherwise specified by Q. When you finish your set pick one and go at it until all PAX complete their sets.”
The PAX were spot on during the whole beatdown, as no one was stationary for any period of time and PAX cycled between the SSH and Flutter Kicks during any stops.
Let’s Mosey. On to Sunlake Blvd. Make a right.
First stop. Circle Burp with High Knees. On the jump portion get that knee tucked towards the chest. All PAX high knees, 1 PAX at a time yells DOWN! and performs a Burpee. Once the PAX is back up, next PAX in line does the same. All the way around the circle. Rinse repeat for 3 rounds. Each round increases the Burpees count by one more.
Next stop, Mucho Chesto. x10 Merkins each. Regular, Wide, Diamond, Stagger Left, Stagger Right.
Next stop by a light post. Time to Crab Walk Around the World.
Start with forward Crab Walk, on Q’s command stop and do x10 Crab Cakes. Switch to sideways Crab Walk, on Q’s command stop and do another x10 Crab Cakes. Do the same for backward, and the other side. Total of x40 Crab Cakes.
Next stop. Bear Crawl Around the World.
Start with forward Bear Crawl, on Q’s command stop and do x10 Merkins. Switch to sideways Bear Crawl, you get the idea…Total of x40 Merkins.
Let’s Mosey. At the dead end time for legs, Aiken Legs that is. At this time we did hear @frisbee doing his Walrus impressions, but not for too long, as he is getting much better at conditioning.
- x20 Squats
- x20 Jump Squats
- x20 Lunges (Total)
- x20 Split Jacks (Total)
This one is always a crowd favorite, especially when you need to mosey right after.
Let’s Mosey. Making our way around the large roundabout in the neighborhood. Time for a quick break. What better way than an abdominal set of Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee consists of:
- x20 Flutter Kicks (per leg)
- x20 Leg Raises
- x20 American Hammers (per side)
- x20 Dying Cockroach (per leg)
- x20 Freddy Mercury’s (per leg)
- x20 LBC’s
6 ab exercises for that killer 6 pack you are all after.
Break time over. Let’s Mosey.
Next stop it’s time for another crowd favorite.
- Burpees x10 OYO
Let’s Mosey, this time Indian Run style. YHC was running low on fuel at this point. All PAX got a sprint or two in before reaching the BB courts. Quick water sip break before finishing off the morning beatdown with some Planks.
Start with regular plank, next right hand up, left leg up. Back to regular. Left hand up, right leg up. Back to Regular. Elbow plank. Next up IC x10 J-Low’s. Back to regular plank to finish at 45 minutes on the dot.
Total Distance: 2.17 mil
- Prayers for all PAX, including @haka (new baby), @frisbee (army), @no-see-um (travel and presentation), @apnea (sister in law) and others who couldn’t be with us this morning.
- Prayers and thanks for all PAX who continue to strive to be better, stronger men.
- Always humbled by all you men. Great job today as always. Everyone gave 100%.
- February CSAUP is approaching quickly. Check Slack for more info if you want to join in the Star Course Tampa ruck.
- Nutrition challenge is going great. You guys are on fire, keep up the good work.
- Special recognition for my little bro @frisbee for stepping up his efforts to become healthier. The walrus is making lesser of an appearance, but it is forever embedded in the F3Lutz ears.
- See you all on Thursday for @dba beatdown.